(Fri, Jul 10th) History: 2 Kgs. 6-10
2 Kings 6
- What did the sons of the prophets decide to build for themselves with Elisha?
- What happened to the ax head that one of the men was using? How did Elisha find the ax head?
- Why did the king of Syria think there was an informant among them?
- How did God defeat the Syrians at Dothan? Where did Elisha lead them?
- What did Elisha tell the king of Israel to do with the Syrians? What did this do between Israel and Syria?
- How bad had the famine gotten in Samaria?
2 Kings 7
- How did God defeat the Syrian army during the famine in Samaria?
- Who discovered that the Syrians had fled?
- What happened to an officer of Israel's army during the rush to the spoil of the Syrians? Why?
2 Kings 8
- Who did Elisha warn about a seven year famine?
- Who did Ben-Hadad seek to ask if he would recover from his disease? What was he told? How did he die?
- What two kings fought together against Hazael of Syria?
2 Kings 9
- Who was anointed as king of Israel?
- What happened to the first two messengers King Joram sent to inquire of Jehu?
- Why did Jehu not come in peace to King Joram?
- What prophecy was fulfilled concerning the descendants of Ahab?
- What happened to King Ahaziah?
- What is the first thing Jezebel did when she heard Jehu was coming?
- How did Jezebel die? What was left of Jezebel to bury? What prophecy was fulfilled concerning Jezebel's death?
2 Kings 10
- How many sons did Ahab have in Samaria?
- What did Jehu ask of the elders who raised Ahab's sons?
- What did Jehu do to forty-two of Ahaziah's brothers?
- How did Jehu fool the Baal worshipers?
- What did Jehu fail to destroy?