(Fri, Feb 14th) History: Jdg. 7-11
- How many men did Gideon have to fight the Midianites? Why did God want Gideon to reduce his number of men?
- To what number did God further reduce Gideon's men? How did God tell Gideon to do this?
- What strategy did Gideon use against the camp of Midian?
- Why was the tribe of Ephraim upset with Gideon?
- What did Gideon make with some of the plunder from the Midianites? What did the people end up doing with this?
- How many sons did Gideon have before his death?
- What did Abimelech do to his brothers?
- Who escaped from Abimelech's hand?
- What did Jotham predict against Abimelech?
- Who was the first person to turn on Abimelech?
- Who killed the people of Shechem and Beth Millo?
- How was Abimelech killed?
- What nation came against Israel at this time?
- Why did Jephthah's brothers drive him from their father's house?
- What did Jephthah soon become?
- Who did the elders of Israel call on when Ammon made war with Israel?
- Why were the people of Ammon upset with Israel?
- By what source was Jephthah able to justify his position?
- What did Jephthah vow to the Lord if he defeated the Ammonites?
- Who met Jephthah when he returned from his battle?